What is 3rd party program?
A 3rd party program is any file or program not contained in the official game client or software, used to gain an advantage or benefit in the game. This includes, but is not limited to, programs or devices that allow the ability to automatically aim at specific targets, increase speed, visual range, automate the leveling of skills or actions in the game, or to manipulate the data between your computer and the CO servers, among others.
What is a client edit?
A client edit is considered to be any changes made to the client, by the player or any unauthorized person or program. ONLY official patches and updates from TQ Digital are allowed to be included with your Conquer Online installation. Any changes to files or code can not only increase the chances of the client not working correctly, it can also cause unwanted effects for the other players or the server. These include editing skills, removing visual or audio effects, map edits, file editing, etc.
Examples of the malicious impact illegal programs/client edits can have:
1. For the gaming environment:
- i. Illegal programs/client edits are designed and put to use by people other than the programmers of the game, and often the modifications can lead to errors, even damage and data loss on the game servers.
- ii. Illegal programs/client edits can also cause damage to the game client itself, with effects both in-game and out. Users may cheat their way to try and reach the top, which will cause a ripple effect on the real players who play the game without resorting to such methods. As a result, it only serves to take away from the fun of the game and the fairness of competition.
2. For players:
- i. Nothing in your house is safe, if you leave the back door open for people to come in, and bot programs are no different. The majority of these “hack” programs have backdoors left by the programmer, which are used to steal accounts, personal information, or other sensitive information you have on your computer. Most of the reports of hacking stem from the use of bot programs, without a second thought to how unsafe they actually are. These types of backdoors also allow types of viruses to penetrate through safety measures you have setup to protect your computer and privacy, and can cause irrevocable consequences.
- ii. Illegal programs/client edits cause unusual actions in the game, which leads to servers becoming unstable and often causes the game to suffer from more lag than would be had, otherwise.
- iii. The purpose of joining a virtual world with so many new players is to embark on a journey and explore new things, all in the name of fun! When you use Illegal programs/client edits to give yourself an unfair advantage, you simply remove the fun of getting better at the game, not to mention causing others to suffer from your underhanded actions.
Official Policy Regarding Illegal Programs/Client Edits
- i. The players detected by the official anti-cheat system, who have been confirmed using Illegal programs/client edits while playing CO.
- ii. The players who have been reported through official channels, and who the GMs have confirmed have played using Illegal programs/client edits.
Violations include, but are not limited to:
-Using, distributing, or promoting the use of bots, hacks, or other 3rd party programs that alter the gameplay or provide functions not available in the official client.
-Use of macros or outside devices that would allow automation of your character, or allows functions not available in an unmodified client.
-Editing the game client in any way. For example, by adding or removing files from the official client, changing settings through editing game files, changing colors or visual game effects, changing or modifying the GUI, etc...
- i. The players who are sent to Botjail for the first time will have to pay 1000 Conquer Points to be released back into the world. The second time, the price increases to 5000 Conquer Points, which is considered to be the final chance.
- ii. As mentioned previously, if the character is sent to Botjail for the third time, the character will be permanently confined to it, along with your items.
- iii. In extreme cases, accounts may be temporarily or permanently banned, without being placed in Botjail.